Planned Parenthood gets even more disgusting.

Politics and religion.

Moderator: JasonNC

Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:11 am
Brilliant and passionate short speech before the U.S. Senate by Senator Lankford of OK:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4544818/s ... hood-video
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:15 am
Now here's a legal question, if you finally decide abortion is murder and the rights of the human life start at conception... Is there statute of limitations on all previous abortions, or are those abortions expunged?

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:24 am
I can't imagine we'd ever get that, but if we did, it's my understanding that murder does not have a statute of limitations. I suspect there'd be some sort of blanket forgiveness, though. Too many government donors in that business.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:26 am
quite frankly, we don't have the infrastructure to prosecute 5 million a year for the last 50 years?

Also, I would hope there was a blanket forgiveness much like the South after the war.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 am
You can't prosecute a crime from when it wasn't--legally speaking--a crime. It could only be prosecuted going forward. All you can say is, "We were wrong to allow this previously and will not continue to allow it," but no crime was committed, because the law was written such that abortion was not a crime.

Basically, it would mean all abortionists would have to shutter their practices. They would only be prosecuted if they continued to practice after it was illegal.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:00 pm
right, but "murder" IS a crime, and has been one since day 1. reclassifying abortion as "criminal homicide", aka "murder" would put it inline with existing laws. That's where I was wondering.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:38 am
It still wouldn't work that way. By that logic, plantation owners and slave traders would have been prosecuted for kidnapping, human trafficking, and/or unlawful imprisonment after slavery ended, even if they freed all their slaves before the 14th amendment even went into effect.

In the eyes of the law, it would still be, "This was not criminal homicide then, but it is now." Even though the morality of the act had not changed, the legal status of it had changed, and the laws could only be enforced respective to when they were actually on the books.

What it could open the doors for is a lot of wrongful death civil suits. But most of those would probably get thrown out on the same grounds. Maybe a few really egregious cases where it could be shown coercion was involved might result in a parent or grandparent successfully suing an abortion doctor, but I suspect that, in most cases, even the civil suit would be a long shot.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:44 pm
Mollie Hemingway offers suggestions for reporters who are apparently struggling to find angles for this story:

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/20/ide ... arenthood/

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:15 pm
Aaaaand, the hits just keep on coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCs_gvImyw

Clearly, totally above board and legal. Nothing at all to see here.

I'm sure this footage is also "heavily edited".
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:05 pm
Hey! No one wants to be the first one to throw out the price! That's a disadvantage in haggling.

Of course, one might ask why one would need to haggle if one were not profiting but only being compensated for the price of delivering said "tissue." And one wouldn't likely be so worried about "lowballing," would one?

There will be many more videos in the weeks to come, apparently.
PreviousNext

Return to It matters!