Can we even think logically about issues any more?

Politics and religion.

Moderator: JasonNC

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:47 am
This story isn't actually as stupid as the title would lead you to believe, but it's pretty lame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ins ... r-neutral/
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:41 pm
I don't post this story to be funny. This is seriously troubling, even as absurd as it is.

We need to help these people, not enable them. The end of this all will not be good for them or their loved ones (or for society in general). The fact of the matter is most people are so afraid to offend they couldn't care less about whether or not people like this have families (even kids) they might be hurting. And even as extreme as this case is, most people would still say, "Well, it's not for me, but who am I to judge?"

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ing-dragon

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:50 pm
Is anything actually considered mental illness anymore? Because, honestly, this person is seriously ill and needs treatment, as you point out. I think this is a serious discussion that needs to be had, but I fear that we've already passed the point where it can happen. You'd be immediately shouted down by radicals if you tried to suggest it.

But what I see here is a person who was unhappy with himself, made radical changes to his body, was still unhappy, and is attempting to solve that problem with radical changes to his body. You and I would say that what he really needs is a saving relationship with God, but it should be apparent to most anyone that he needs help, not enabling.

As an aside, I have to wonder what Tiamat's plan is, long term. Does it expect to just roam the wilderness and catch prey or what?
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:12 pm
Heli wrote:As an aside, I have to wonder what Tiamat's plan is, long term. Does it expect to just roam the wilderness and catch prey or what?

Well, that's the beauty of postmodernism. Tiamat can take exactly every part of being a dragon it wants without having to take the unpleasant parts.

I'm sure Tiamat does not sleep on collected treasures, because that would be uncomfortable or eat people, because that would be unethical. So far it doesn't seem to be trying to learn to fly, even though there are viable ways for a human being to accomplish that via wingsuits or jetpacks or whatever.

But it doesn't matter. If someone gets to define whatever gender or species one is, why shouldn't that person also get to define how much of the aspects of those things to take on and how much to reject? It's thoroughly narcissistic, and as a culture we are too. Even as believers we spend way too much time bemoaning situations like this (and I'm speaking for myself here; I was, after all, the one who started this thread) rather doing the much harder work of praying and coming alongside people around us who are really struggling with such things and letting them know they are loved and accepted no matter what hangups they have.

Because you're right. We are getting shouted down in the culture, but we're largely to blame, because we spend way too much of our time shouting back. I for one am getting sick of the "culture wars." The only lasting result I see from them is more people associating faith in Christ with politics and more people getting the idea that one has to conform to a certain image to follow Christ, as if He only died for those who already have their lives in order (or who are predisposed to a certain way of thinking) when nothing could be further from the truth.

People still think our message is that good people go to heaven, and bad people go to hell, when the reality is basically the opposite. "Good people" have no hope of heaven because they don't recognize their own sin, and only bad people who acknowledge their need for and dependence on a Savior will ever be saved from hell. But the "culture wars" subvert that message. And so, while I want to stand up for truth and justice, I want to choose my battles from here on out, too, lest I give the impression that sin is what other people do instead of what I was born into and what's still clinging to the heart of me. And only by the transforming power of Christ have I overcome any of it or do I have hope of ultimately being free of it.

And that hope can belong to anyone who would trust in Jesus' death and resurrection as their only hope and seek Him as their only joy and ultimate desire. Even Tiamat.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:44 pm
can we not sully the good name of Tiamat by association here.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 pm
Hey, Darth. Somebody did the legwork to answer your question.

https://youtu.be/xfO1veFs6Ho

Spoiler: the answer is no.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:23 am
Heli wrote:Hey, Darth. Somebody did the legwork to answer your question.

https://youtu.be/xfO1veFs6Ho

Spoiler: the answer is no.

REALLY hope some super pervs hit the womans locker room.

their parents have done a massive disservice to these people, and it's really sad.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:11 pm
I wonder what will happen when the Muslim guys who are already assaulting women in Europe get here and find out they can go into any women's locker room.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 pm
https://corporate.target.com/article/20 ... nclusivity
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:09 pm
Not only is all this stuff a ridiculous form of social engineering to screw up functional human behavior, I believe it serves even more as a giant smoke screen. It is a lot like the engineered top-down promotion of racial tension, the top-down promotion of working class people vs people who, say, have a $ million or three (but certainly are not stinking rich). Or the top-down promotion of false male vs female contention. Or even the ever-popular clash of civilizations between religions and cultures: manufactured situations managed by big interests.

Why generate such an enormous smoke screen to distract and preoccupy people? Why try to divide and conquer with explosive, tabloid type stories? LGBT and gender-neutral bathrooms? A good portion of men and women say, as a good portion of people with different racial and religious backgrounds say, and even as a portion of gay and transsexual people say, F___ off with this. This hype has gone too far. So why the hype? What are the real issues being obfuscated by the hype?

The answer is the ultra-rich and powerful, who custom-design or super-amplify these false problems, with their gigantic public relations campaigns, do not want us to be cognitive, aware, and united on thinking about what they are up to. What they are up to is deathly more serious compared to LGBT inclusivity in a freaking bathroom. In fact, what they are doing literally has far more of an impact on a given transsexual's life than the current pseudo-controversy of where said transsexual can undress in front of whatever gendered children at a public pool changing room.

1. As described by the mainstream news, the ultra-rich have an estimated $32 trillion in tax havens, that money unavailable to our societies. That means we're literally falling apart as communities, regions, countries, cultures. Budget shortfalls? Big deficits? No money for repair and maintenance? Pension shortfalls? Education and health shortfalls? Hello, we're fighting over where millions of budget dollars go, and yet trillions of lost tax revenues could be collected to rebuild and rejuvenate everything in the world....

2. Our governments are using what reduced tax money available on ridiculous, self-interested projects which nothing to do with our protection or benefit. In fact, certain Western governments have been plain outed as transferring funds and arms to known terrorists. Large transfers to banks and corporations and foreign entities are common fair. In fact, a fair number of corporations no longer pay tax anymore. It's out in the open. The burden is on the middle class and low-millionaire class.

3. Corruption is rampant and bribes rule the day. Most everyone at serious levels of power are on the take. Special interests write legislation. Many politicians don't vote on anything until taking marching orders. They rarely read anything. Politicians tend to take care of those butter their bread, as always, but now much more openly and expansively.

4. The markets are fake. Citing numerous examples in the public record, experts show that nearly everything is rigged. No one goes to jail. Some of the biggest corporate entities have quietly been identified as felons. However, they get fines -- small percentages of the loot they've stolen away from their manipulations. In turn, their government counterparts are directly wrapped up in the felonies, in cahoots with their friends.

5. Our money, our monetary basics, have been warped almost beyond repair. Savers are getting killed. Maniacal gamblers are being rewarded. Only the well off can actually buy or invest in anything of productive use. New money literally and directly equates to new debt. Government debts are carefully designed not to be paid off. If this trend is not interrupted, with more and more 'new money' mostly going to the top 0.1%, then the middle class will continue to collapse. The working poor and unemployed (93,000,000 in the USA alone) will be generally unable to rise from their socio-economic hardship. Government will give them just enough to exist and support the regime that bribes them. Or they will be steered into peasant work and petty crime. Middle Ages here we come.

6. We're told we live in democracies or democratic republics, except why are the statute and charters of these once proud nations simply being ignored? Security over liberty? Authoritarianism over law? Why? because of false narratives about boogey men terrorists and lone wolf shooters? Give up your rights because we gave arms and training to terrorists, who now threaten us?

7. Every single private electronic communication is intercepted and stored. Everything. We can't exist safely without a monolithic, global spying system -- aimed mainly at us -- controlled ultimately by unaccountable top-secret bureaucracies? Spying on rival governments, corporations, honest politicians, journalists, the pope, activists, etc? Nothing to see here, right? Trannies in female bathrooms is more of a pressing matter?

Yeah, I'm on a rant. And I could go on with 20 more examples. But you guys get the picture. Giant smokescreen. Firecrackers, interesting noises. Tabloid colours. Unfortunately the public generally is buying it, liking it even if they don't like it, and getting wrapped up in these false problems. It's working. The people really running things, and in effect really changing things to our detriment and their benefit are laughing all the way to the banks, their yachts, and their hardened bunkers. (Yes, some of them have those under their mansions.)
PreviousNext

Return to It matters!