2016 Presidential Election

Politics and religion.

Moderator: JasonNC

Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:02 pm
Heli wrote:Again, please do not think that I'm calling Donald Trump some kind of paragon or my ideal candidate, by a long shot.

nope, not even close. I know it's a hold your nose vote doing what you think is the best situation for your family when given the choices you have. I'm talking about the droves of people who truly believe he is some kind of paragon or messiah. I spend (and I really need to stop), a great many hours on social media in the political sphere and the level of cultishness around him rivals Obama's. Then I hear him say things like "only I can save America", and well, that's just not for me.

My respect for you has not changed, and after this election I'll still consider you my friend and brother in Christ. So there is that. :)
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:14 am
Heli wrote:I can't speak for Dorm, but at least for me, I wasn't talking about regular people; I was talking about the press. They hate Trump (and anyone with a little R), so they'll be all over him all the time. And the "low information voters" will believe whatever they hear on CNN or from their more activisty acquaintances.

Heli, that's exactly what I was referring to.

Many of the 'regular people' have no mental firewall, and little interest or hard information. They receive all their information uncritically from TV and maybe some corporate web sites. They are voluntarily at the mercy of the Media.

As we all know, the majority of the mainstream Media (80%, I'm estimating) has declared against Trump in this game of thrones. He has openly said they are crap, and full of liars. They are the worst, he said. Saying that voter fraud may take place, and that Clinton has accepted money from the very same source that also gives money to ISIS (Saudi Arabia and Qatar) has driven the Liberal/Democrat/CIA/CFR- allied media into an insane fury. They're addicted to attacking him.

The Media, controlled by the biggest money interests, is obviously very strong. It is so strong that it in one year it can convince voters that Saddam Hussein was the mortal enemy of the world, and Bush was here to rescue us all from this former crony to the Bush crime family. The next year, the media collectively switched on a dime and convinced the world that Bush is the mortal enemy of the world. I'm not defending Bush, who was a war criminal, but I'm using him as an example. Then Obama got nearly 8 years of a free pass.

Trump, if elected, will be brutally hounded. He's a worse babbler than Bush. The Media will leave no stone un-turned. They will inspect his every move. The man will be unable to pursue serious lies and corruption.

What he may be used for, however, is Pentagon policy: To 'react to' and crush real or imagined threats. That way, the Media might lay off, and get caught up with whatever war drums might be beating.

And yes, I think he is an arse, a conniving joker and actor, and probably unwilling to follow through with 75% of what he's promising. But at least it appears he's definitely not the chosen one of corporate Globalist elites. They are all in with that psychopathic woman and that business partner pervert who's trying to pass for her husband.

Is this all a big conspiratorial showbiz thing, as I suggested before? Donald recruited to eventually get Hillary in? If it is, and it definitely could be, then the elite seemed to have gone way over the top. The attacks on the Clintons have been exceptionally brutal, authentic, and could knock her out if the Media did their job of investigating her as opposed to running defense for her. Meanwhile Trump said he 'wanted' to grab some ladies by their hoo-has -- wanted to but never did, in the example video, where a pretty woman voluntarily accepts his attentions (and probably would have slept with him, because she looked wowed by his money). And yet Bubba Arkansas has apparently had his hands over every woman around and done much more, with or without consent, and lost a bunch of money and the presidency because of it. Free pass.

If anything, this election is an attack and a warping of American politics itself. The country is getting hammered and divided and about to go into riots. Is this the real point? To turn the republic into an angry, dysfunctional farce? Over the years, the country has taken huge hits to its economy, finances, laws, borders, international standing, culture, racial and class harmony, and now its electoral and political systems are going to get clobbered like never before in the Hilla-Trumpa-looza?

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 am
Jeff Dunham weighs in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZR1IFo2FGQ
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:01 pm
Ha, that was great. From the mouths of puppets....

I'm watching the coverage now. I'm getting this sinking feeling like you guys are getting too probably. There will be a winner declared -- and we don't know who yet (but I'm thinking Hillary by an electoral vote hair) -- but one thing is for sure. Trump or Hillary. The American voter is still most likely going to lose, and I think most countries are going to lose a bit in one way or another too: from us guys up here to other countries in the West, and then on to various other countries who may feel some harder pain because of the results of bad foreign policy and nasty clandestine ops.

My American aunt in WA passed on some folksy wisdom to us last month. Her comments are really meaningful, especially after I visited her and the cousins in Aug, with them in this tiny nice town which bristles with American flags and good old traditions. Regardless of who wins, she says, this may be the official point when things go more into decline. The USA and related countries have unofficially been in decline for some time, but this may be when it seems even less hidden and much more real.

My emotions hope she's wrong, but my gut and brain unfortunately agree.

Keep budgeting and saving money, keep tight with family and friends and local community, and keep the mental firewall on at all times. I expect turbulence ahead. Your good instincts will guide you.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:45 am
Very
Surprising

:shock:

thinking about gold

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:46 am
I'm still amazed.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 am
So in his acceptance speech... he said "Hillary has worked very long and very hard over a long period of time, and we owe her a major debt of gratitude for her service to our country. I mean that very sincerely"

this was "Crooked Hillary who should be in jail"

Friends to the end.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:36 am
So, he said nice things about his opponent in his victory speech? Don't Presidents always do that?

Barack Obama wrote:We may have battled fiercely, but it's only because we love this country deeply and we care so strongly about its future. From George to Lenore to their son Mitt, the Romney family has chosen to give back to America through public service and that is the legacy that we honor and applaud tonight.

In the weeks ahead, I also look forward to sitting down with Governor Romney to talk about where we can work together to move this country forward.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 am
Obama didn't say Romney should be in jail. Didn't call him a corrupt man who killed Americans. You can't say someone is corrupt and responsible for the death of Americans and then thank them for their service.

I'll say this, he will issue her a pardon should she need it.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:01 am
This one will go down in the history books. I am neither happy nor sad about it. I know a lot of minorities and immigrants who are fearful right now, and that saddens me terribly, but I pray the months to come reveal President Trump to be more of a unifier than candidate Trump was. I'm not counting on it, but knowing how much the Donald likes to compete and win, maybe this whole monstrous persona was just his game face, and the real thing will not be as bad. We'll see...

Posted this on Facebook just now:

Well, President Barack Obama was elected with many thinking he would unify a broken nation, only to find it far more divided than ever 8 years later. President-elect Trump has been elected with many believing he will divide the nation further, possibly even to the point of alienating much of the populace. Here's hoping everyone is as wrong about the next Presidency as they were about the current one (not exactly holding my breath, but here's hoping...)
PreviousNext

Return to It matters!