2016 Presidential Election

Politics and religion.

Moderator: JasonNC

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 pm
Trump is 1) a deal maker and 2) a lifelong Democrat.

As I say, I'm hoping, but I'm not really expecting.

Then again, maybe the constant attacks from the media will firm up his resolve a little.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:59 pm
Heli wrote:Trump is 1) a deal maker and 2) a lifelong Democrat.

As I say, I'm hoping, but I'm not really expecting.

Then again, maybe the constant attacks from the media will firm up his resolve a little.

i understand, hell he even gave America the legalese during the campaign, no one listened and besides you pulled the lever holding your nose.

I'm laughing at the rabid Trump supporter and alt-righters who believed he was this hard righter. it's amusing.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:15 pm
The thing that's interesting about him is that hardly anybody expects him to be middle of the road. The left thinks he's going to put all brown people in concentration camps and the right thinks he's going to fire everybody in Washington.

I hope he keeps his "first 100 days" contract, because I like a lot of the ideas there, but I know he'll get a lot of push back, and my inclination is that he'll just let things slide so he can keep the wheels turning. But I can still hope.

Yeah, I pulled the lever holding my nose, and, yeah, he's probably not going to live up to his campaign promises. But I still feel like we got the better of the two probable choices, even if he turns into another RINO.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 am
*sigh*

http://nypost.com/2016/11/22/trump-wont ... t-clinton/

Kellyanne Conway wrote:Look, I think, he’s thinking of many different things as he prepares to become the president of the United States, and things that sound like the campaign are not among them

That should be comforting to everyone who wanted a change. I mean, I'm sure they didn't expect him to think of "things that sound like the campaign" once in office. Just another RINO with a lot of tough talk to get himself elected.

On the other hand, look for the media and the left (but I repeat myself) to continue calling Trump and anyone associated with him horrible, racist, sexist monsters.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:35 am
The CIA and its #1 'Mockingbird' ally, the Washington Post newspaper, has gone full retard. They have recently said the Russians have 'hacked' the election and have suggested the results should be thrown out.

There is a real, covert feud that has been bubbling for decades. Here are the two sides:

#1 The CIA, most of Wall Street, most of the billionaires, most of the corporate media, most of the tax shelter foundations, etc. Obama and Hillary are the manager/figureheads for this group.

vs

#2 Military Intelligence, led by the DIA and NSA, supported by some right-leaning tax shelter foundations and corporations, and various miscellaneous groups unhappy with libral stuff. Trump was asked to front for this group.

In between is the FBI. We can judge them by their recent actions. They have made a solid choice to support the latter group.

Just today or yesterday, the FBI came out swinging in reply to the CIA/Washington Post nonsense. They said: No, there is no evidence of Russia taking over the election and installing Trump. I tend to agree. All the damaging Wikileaks goods on Hillary came from DC insiders. Not the Kremlin.

Whatever the hell is happening, it is interesting. It's not good vs evil, but rather another factional spat coming to the surface. It's nice to see the CIA get called in this game of poker.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 pm
Legal 'soft coup' attempt on Trump to pre-empt his inauguration?

Very interesting read

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ing-before

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-1 ... -they-vote

If 37 Republican electors can be persuaded to cast their votes for someone other than Trump, that would throw the election into the House of Representatives, and it is unclear what the House would do in that scenario.

If Trump is not stopped at the Electoral College, there is also the possibility that he could be derailed when a joint session of Congress gathers to count the Electoral votes on January 6th.

This probably will fizzle into nothing, much like the Stein recounts, which actually gave Trump a trickle more votes from citizens. Then again, this Electoral thing is a whole different beast and treads into unknown territory. A non-event? Or possibly a massive crisis never seen before in the American experience?.... If something serious takes place, the whole Trumpian Orgy of Awesomeness would disintegrate in a matter of days. The levitating stock market of Irrationality would go for a dive. The dollar would follow and interest rates would go up. Demonstrations and riots would break out. The media would collectively reinforce the sudden anti-Trumpism, while the average Joes and Janes would be realizing their votes meant nothing, their legally elected guy was toast, and America won't be great again (trademark).

Pitchfork time? My uneasy prediction: some electors will actually turn against the voters they are representing and against Trump, but the 37 count will not be reached. Trump gets inaugurated. CIA: back to drawing board...
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:28 am
anyone have the rules? since when can you take back your vote after it's been cast.

if electors change enough to take away his legitimate presidential win.... I could see Americans going to pitchfork time. I pray we don't see that.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 am
Also, this is a multi-pronged attack by the Liberal Establishment. They have long stirred up the idea that the unique electoral college in the American republic is flawed and must be reformed. They have spread this idea especially when the Democratic contestant had a slight edge on the popular vote. By throwing out the electoral system, they hope to move closer to a streamlined British electoral system. As it happens, without the electoral college, it would be -- in the long-term -- easier to flatten and unite the 3 democratic systems in North America.

Anyway, this electoral-Russia nonsense (based on zero evidence) is primarily a move to invalidate a legally elected president to be. Even if many voters are sour-grapes that Killary Pantsuits didn't win, they should still support the system itself and respect the election. Which is over and not a thing to be contested unless provable voter fraud is laid bare.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:18 am
I agree; this is an obvious attempt to delegitimize Trump before he gets into office. Like him or not, he's the guy who won. I guarantee the pitchforks would come out if a large group of electors just decided to switch to somebody else.

b0b, it's my understanding that the electors aren't legally bound to cast their vote according to the peoples' votes, but that they have agreed to do so. I believe they can technically vote for whoever. But that would very likely be seen (correctly in my mind) as a betrayal and a dereliction of duty.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:35 pm
"Waaaahhh!" says Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0iuWh3sek

They're deeply upset that we might get a President who's unqualified and doesn't respect the Constitution (and doesn't have a D after his or her name).
PreviousNext

Return to It matters!