UFO incidents at Nuke facilities?

Politics and religion.

Moderator: JasonNC

The Ansel Adams of Toys
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 pm
Researchers claim 100% certainty that life exists on newly found planet

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/09/ ... nomer-say/

Not very scientific science if you ask me. Sounds more like informed opinion, and as such terms like 100% certainty don't fit. Can I see the formula behind that 100%, and the assumptions behind it? Yeah, doesn't exist, I know. I just wish science reporting was more scientific and less headline/grant money targeted.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:27 pm
"The chances of life on this planet are 100 percent." Same guy: "I have almost no doubt about it."

Does he not know what 100% means? That's not ALMOST no doubt.

So, who's going to volunteer for the mission to fly there? Shouldn't take too long, right?
The Ansel Adams of Toys
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:37 pm
Well, isn't it the premise of Battlestar Galactica that Earth has to be abandoned, and so everyone's on a long space trip to colonize a new planet? I could be way off, but regardless, in that scenario a trip that took generations would still be worth making.

Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:44 pm
Technically, the plot is that a planet has to be abandoned and the people who leave that planet come to colonize a planet that we now know as earth.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:11 pm
Battlestar Galactica was a documentary.

FELDERCARB!

But, yes, when the scientists here create robots that want to kill us all (redundant, since all robots want to kill humans (except Wall-E)), those same scientists can build us giant spaceships for our hundreds of years of space travel to a planet where we can actually survive on a tiny strip of land between the "constantly light" side and the "constantly dark" side.

Planet McDLT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac
Previous

Return to It matters!