DADT

Politics and religion.

Moderator: JasonNC

The Ansel Adams of Toys
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:06 pm
So you're in favor of ending DADT and fully integrating openly gay soldiers into our military, you just want to give them a little more time to get their hur de hur together? We aren't as far apart as I thought, my apologies.

Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:31 pm
I'm in favor of making sure we've fully examined the issue, and how to make things work before we make laws for the purpose of making people feel good. Just cramming gays "openly" into the military without proceedures and necessary accomodations is not good for anyone, certainly not the gays.

So no, we're not that far apart. It's cool.

Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 pm
The REAL problem with this vote in particular is that it is an election year gimmick. Seriously. Let's look at it. Just as waiting did here, as msnbc has done, as all the blogs will do... the Republicans are getting blamed for this not passing.

Reality? The Dems can do anything they want. They have a very sufficient majority in both houses and the Republicans do not have enough votes to stop them. This vote was shot down by Democrats as well as Republicans.

You're going to tell me (speaking in general here, not to anyone specific) that the Dems had no idea that they didn't have enough votes on their side before they went in? Of course they did.

You're going to tell me that they can arm twist, buy, cheat and steal enough votes from their own party to pass the healthcare bill even though the people voting for it would likely loose their seats over it... but they couldn't get enough votes for this to pass on their own side? Really?

The fact of the matter is, the DREAM* act was also tagged on this bill and it was just as much a reason that it didn't pass (if not more) than DADT. But the fact of the matter is, DADT was tacked on PURELY to gain headlines against Republicans this election year. We don't KNOW how many Republicans were voting against DADT, or the DREAM act or something else in the bill. But it's good for a headline in an election year.

"Hey, we might have completely screwed up the economy...but at least WE didn't vote against civil rights for gays!"- Democrat election talking point.

The reality, the Democrats are playing political games with the civil rights of gay service men and women.

*(grants citizenship to illegals who go to college)
Has Great Trade Rep
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 am
You guys are gay!
Previous

Return to It matters!