Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

This is where we discuss anything that is not specifically about toys. Discussion can be toy-related though. Basically anything BUT politics and religion is discussed here.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:49 am
Hey guys,

Just wishing you all a belated merry Christmas and a happy, healthy new year! Here's praying 2017 is full of joy, health and prosperity!
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:28 am
Yes indeed.

And happy new year to you as well, b0b!

2017 is going to be a big year for me personally! I'm moving to Orlando in the spring (and I just got back from spending New Year's there).
Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:40 am
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

I hope it's a great 2017 for everybody, and I'm definitely praying for a smooth relocation, Darth.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:35 am
man, happy to hear you're excited about relocating and im praying it is a smooth one, im sure breaking up the Heli/Darth band will be rough, thankfully we have the interwebs and telephonics to stay connected :)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:44 pm
Thanks for the prayers, guys!

And yeah, it'll be rough leaving behind almost all of my friends and family, with Heli being high up on that list. I'm going with a church plant, and I'm making some cool new connections (and I'm going to Star Wars Celebration 2017!), so it's cool, but yeah, I'm gonna miss family and friends, a lot.

Of course, the nice advantage to being in Orlando is it's a place where my family and friends want to come visit me, so that's a plus. Maybe we can even figure up a "remnants of AJ" meetup or something. There's a great comic/toy/geekery shop called Gods & Monsters that I really want to show Heli (pics are on my Facebook page, and the link below has more and a 360 tour). It's at the equally awesome Artegon Marketplace, a place they call "the Anti-Mall," and that's a pretty apt description. It's a combo of regular retail shops (like Gods & Monsters, but also Bass Pro Shop, Ron Jon Surf Shop, and more), eating establishments, a Cinemark theater, and a middle section filled with cubicles with little indie sellers peddling mostly artsy stuff, but also collectibles, vintage items, and cool swag. If you're ever in Orlando, hit me up, and I'll show you around!

http://www.godmonsters.com/

http://www.artegonmarketplace.com/

(Of course, we could also meetup someplace boring like Disney or Universal, I suppose...)
Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:37 am
Gods & Monsters looks pretty cool, for sure.

And my kids were quite disappointed about Uncle Darth moving, but then extremely into the idea of going to visit when they realized where you were moving. Plus, they want to go to SW Celebration now, too. Maybe I'll just send them with you.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm
Ha Ha!

No.

Tickets are still on sale, though (although the 4-Days are sold out for adults). Bring Mrs. Heli and the girls! It'll be epic!
Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm
I just checked the prices and can confirm that I ain't going.

Unless somebody just hands me a big bag of money between now and then, I can't even justify that much for me, much less me and three other people.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:33 pm
Thought I'd give a quick, sad update. The Artegon has announced that it's closing later this month. Gods & Monsters has assured fans that they're already on the hunt for a new home, but that whole place was so cool! I'm really sad I won't be able to go back.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 am
Maybe you'll be able to attend the gala opening ceremony for the new store. They always have sales at those, too.
Next

Return to Off- Topic