Transformers The Movie Storyboards on Ebay

This is where we discuss anything that is not specifically about toys. Discussion can be toy-related though. Basically anything BUT politics and religion is discussed here.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:47 am
A full set! Really cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152005311958?ss ... rmvSB=true

Sadly, WAY out of my price range, but so neat to see.

"It belongs in a museum!"
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:53 am
Quick! Loan me $5,000!

Oh, and check it out! Originally Ultra Magnus was going to bring Red Alert, Sideswipe, and Tracks on his car carrier to fight Devestator!

Considering how things were going for the Autobots in general, it's probably good for them that got edited out.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:06 pm
True. I suspect all three of them would have gotten the axe if they'd actually shown up.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:05 pm
Especially Swideswipe (being first season and all)!

There weren't any season two Autobot cars in the finished film. They said the lack of season two characters had to do with how early they started work on the film, but of course, Blaster, Perceptor, and the conehead Seekers were in it, so it wasn't that they didn't have access to anybody.

The storyboards make me wonder how many characters they really had to work with. And if Hasbro held off on some of them because they didn't want to have to deal with them or decide whether or not to kill them off (Blaster and Perceptor both notably survived the film, and I don't recall any season two guys getting killed onscreen).

Return to Off- Topic