THE THREAD

Just a place to talk about... whatever.

Moderator: JasonNC

AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 am
Uhm, woah

Now I'm getting private msgs from the Russian spambots, or idiots disguised as Russians. I didn't open it. It's titled 'Будущим миллиардерам' which if google translate is corrects means something about billionaires.

Is there a free board tool which allows better registration of new members? For instance -- that "I am not a robot" check mark thingy. And please purge all suspicious new members. 8-)

Thanks and carry on, folks

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:44 am
I'm working on clearing them out. I got the PM, too. Bold move, spambots. We were blocking them all; I'm not sure what changed.

I'm waiting for the Alcala Mega Blocks MOTU stuff. What we've got now isn't up to my high standards. ;)
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:41 pm
Thanks, Heli

Protect us from the Russians! What if they hack our election here at AJ? Oh wait, we have a pleasant anarchic utopia here with no need for governance.

P.S. I'm thinking about selling my Mezco comic Hellboy figs (but keeping Hellboy naturally). Too bad they went down in Ebay crazy prices.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:13 am
I had been thinking about selling mine, but I could never find any ebay sold prices to compare.

What are they going for these days?
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:25 pm
Not sure if you know or not, but after you search for stuff on Ebay there's a handy little tab/button on the bottom left called Sold Listings. When I search for stuff to see how much it's going for, I click that button. It shows all the recent sales.

I never use Ebay, although I see there's been a recent downturn in the sold listings for Mezco comic Hellboy stuff. Some seller did a fire sale, not wanting to get top dollar. Anyway I think I'm going to sell the 'non-core' figures maybe through one of the bst forums:

The Alien
Kriegaffe #10
Officer Kroenen

These characters actually had next to nothing to do with the Hellboy comic universe. Maybe 2-3 panels each. I'm hoping to get $250 for the 3.

I'll probably keep the main cast of Hellboy (with trench coat), Abe, Liz, Roger, and Johann. After a decade, they still look super high quality and fun.
Don't forget the popcorn!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:37 pm
Anyone watch/finish The Defenders yet? Don't want to spoil anything if not.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:05 am
On the Hellboy figs, I had looked a while back but didn't see any activity. I was checking them now and it looks like a bunch have sold recently for decent money. I may thin things out a bit, myself. Sadly, I never seem to have any luck with BST forums, so it's more or less ebay or just happening to know somebody who's looking.

As for Defenders, I haven't even finished any of the lead-in series. Heck, I never even started Luke Cage or Iron Fist. I am kinda looking forward to that Punisher series, though.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:56 pm
Do the russian spam bots use this site more than we do?
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 pm
JKL-MD ReFugee wrote:Anyone watch/finish The Defenders yet? Don't want to spoil anything if not.

saw it, loved it. probably watch it a second time soon.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:55 pm
HasCon is under way, and they've revealed the Power of the Primes.

Some awesome stuff in there, including all five... uh, SIX Dinobots.

That new Optimus, though, is a thing of beauty. I think I'm looking at my next Optimus.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/09/08/tran ... bro-348404

And real-life photos, which show that Swoop apparently even got his blue chest:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/09/08/tran ... bro-348404

Those extra foot things are apparently "Prime Armor". I was hoping for a secret Dinobot combiner, but no such luck, apparently. Still, a very nice looking line, and I'm definitely down for that Optimus Prime.
PreviousNext

Return to Pull up a chair... help yourself to whatever is in the fridge.