Upcoming Marvel Legends

Mixing things up a bit. Let's have one forum for toy discussion. We can have multiple threads, or just one thread, doesn't matter, but let's try having it all in one place for a while and see if that doesn't help discussion. '

And just a reminder... we don't really mod... anything... so thread drift is not a problem. However I left the General forums because some topics require more time/seriousness/devotion... I.E. more than "drift"

All the other toy forums are under archives, so we can bring them back if everyone hates this.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:36 am
Yeah; I know.

I guess Bendis needs to Bendis all over them and then they'll get a movie.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:53 pm
I'd like to get this set

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:58 pm
They're doing nice work on those two packs. That's a cool set.

As JK pointed out in the Spidey/MJ set, though, it feels a little light on the accessories, even with the three heads for Jean.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:34 pm
https://news.toyark.com/2017/06/14/marv ... led-256212

nice pics

6 new Marvel Knight figures + BAF Man-Thing

3 new Thor Legends

Since I only collect Bronze Age stuff, the Bullseye and BAF Man-thing are ones I definitely want. Pass on everything else.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:45 am
Bullseye and Man-Thing are the only ones pictured there that do much for me. Punisher's not bad.

And isn't that the Ares BAF from a few years back? I wonder if he'll be a normal figure in the Ragnarok wave, or the BAF again.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:53 pm
That is the Ares BAF, Heli. If the Thor wave is only 3 figures, then Ares will be an actual figure. If not and the wave is 6 or 7 figures in all, and Ares is the BAF, then this might be the first time a BAF is re-issued.

I'm hoping Ares is a 'normal' figure. Then I could sell my old Ares for $100+ and buy this virtual copy for $25.

It looks like Chinese knock-offs have driven the prices of Ares BAF down over time. I remember Ares BAF peaking on Ebay for around $300+. A single piece got up to $50 each. Once again, it's all about timing and I missed another moment of greedy success. :twisted: I rationalize selling for high prices by imagining the buyer as a silver-spoon kid or a successful businessman. And they are out there. Definitely some rich guys into action figures, and a few extra bills is not much of concern to them.
Previous

Return to Toys!