Lego

Mixing things up a bit. Let's have one forum for toy discussion. We can have multiple threads, or just one thread, doesn't matter, but let's try having it all in one place for a while and see if that doesn't help discussion. '

And just a reminder... we don't really mod... anything... so thread drift is not a problem. However I left the General forums because some topics require more time/seriousness/devotion... I.E. more than "drift"

All the other toy forums are under archives, so we can bring them back if everyone hates this.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:44 pm
Apparently, the old Lego thread has gone to that big server in the sky, so I'm starting a new one.

And holy cow, is this ever an impressive set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EbXkgSgKzU

It's another $350 set like the GB firehouse, but it feels a bit more impressive just for being so tall. Plus, it's one of the most iconic buildings in the world. Definitely impressive.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:33 pm
I had seen conflicting reports previously about whether it was Sleeping Beauty's Castle from Disneyland or Cinderella's Castle from Walt Disney World. There seemed to be a lot of confusion on it early on, with some sites reporting it was one and then retracting their initial report. The consensus seemed to be that it was the Sleeping Beauty Castle.

But since the Lego guys in the video say it's Cinderella's Castle, I'm going with that.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:45 am
My kids are into Nexo Knights and I gotta say, I am too. The more you look at it, the more you realize this is Lego He-Man. Everything from the Wind Raider to the Sky Sleds has some kind of Lego-ish representation. The only thing I hate about it, at least from the "official canon" is they made the Queen a Xena like warrior princess and the King a simpering wimp who is scared of his own shadow. Why?! They can't both be strong defenders of the realm, one has to be a wimp?! bleh. Well, the upside is it's Lego and we can make our own stories, which we do, and they're both badasses in our house.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:36 am
We've watched a little of Nexo Knights, and I agree it's a neat theme.

The kids haven't shown a lot of interest in it, though, so we don't actually have any yet. They still prefer the Elves stuff, especially since it's very dragon-centric at the moment, and they're bot into dragons.

Return to Toys!