Your Marvel Legends collecting

Mixing things up a bit. Let's have one forum for toy discussion. We can have multiple threads, or just one thread, doesn't matter, but let's try having it all in one place for a while and see if that doesn't help discussion. '

And just a reminder... we don't really mod... anything... so thread drift is not a problem. However I left the General forums because some topics require more time/seriousness/devotion... I.E. more than "drift"

All the other toy forums are under archives, so we can bring them back if everyone hates this.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:41 am
I'm not a MCU figure fan, but that Vision is a good likeness and the articulation scheme looks nice and hidden.

I'm still wowed that I got 'The Raft' exclusive! That was out of nowhere from a local seller.

I'm still on the hunt for....

Cable, Deadpool, Wolverine, and especially Rogue. I could live without the first two, although Wolvy and Rogue are a must.

Wonder Man, Eel, and maybe Cpt Britain.

The fella I recently traded with has an Ebay store. He's doing pretty good, buying at wholesale prices and selling for scalper prices. He told me he'd sell the X-Men figs to me for retail (big box store?) prices @ $20 each. I think he changed his mind now, being able to sell for 50% to 100% more on Ebay. Oh well, these days everyone has to chase the dollar, so I can't fault him. Gotta do whacha gotta do to pay the bills. And I don't fault the poor guys like him being scalpers. They're most likely taking in money from rich people who want instant gratification.
Resident Custom Guru
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:02 pm
Hasbro is going to have to do a damn good job on any cinematic Vision they release now because this one is pretty up there even by normal Legends standards.

He seems slightly taller then he should be but having him next to Thor or Hulk conceals that pretty well

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:32 am
So, what's the deal with that Vision? Is it just some company's attempt at creating a Vision from scratch, or is it based on a Hasbro figure?
Resident Custom Guru
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:50 am
I think its a random companies take, they have versions of every Avenger on Ebay for about $7.00 each, I don't think its based on anything Hasbro have done (yet) the other bootlegs seem to be there own unique molds different from the Legends line

Another thing I forgot to add, it has import figure/Figuarts style hip joints, with the pull down ball pegs, only thing really missing is hip joints, maybe its some type of Figuarts prototype unreleased bootleg

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 am
Interesting.

I'd guess that they're oversized if they're Figuarts knockoffs, since those tend to be a little smaller than MLs. Still, that looks to be nice quality, and you can't beat that price.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:15 am
Dorm wrote:I'm still on the hunt for....

Cable, Deadpool, Wolverine, and especially Rogue. I could live without the first two, although Wolvy and Rogue are a must.

Wonder Man, Eel, and maybe Cpt Britain.

Update. I got Cable and Rogue from Heli. They rock and Heli rocks. I got Wolvie and the new WG Punisher through a trade. I bought some cheap, loose BAF parts along with cheap, loose Cpt Britain, Toxin, and Eel.

Now, I'm looking to finish some BAFS. I'm aiming for these parts to complete the BAFs...

1. Mandroid head
2. both Thanos legs
3. Rhino right leg and right arm
4. Dormammu left arm, right leg, head, chest
5. DCUC Kalibek left leg & mace

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:07 am
Sadly, I don't think I can help with any of those, but I'm glad I could hook you up with at least a couple of wants.

I know I had some extra Kalibak parts, but I haven't seen them lately. If they turn up (and actually include what you need), I'll let you know for sure.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:06 pm
Heli wrote:Sadly, I don't think I can help with any of those, but I'm glad I could hook you up with at least a couple of wants.

I know I had some extra Kalibak parts, but I haven't seen them lately. If they turn up (and actually include what you need), I'll let you know for sure.

No worries and much appreciated. I'm not even a comic Cable fan, but I still think that one you got me looks very keen compared to the Toybiz one. I sold it, plus I sold ML6 Phoenix. They did not age well and looked puppet-ish.

I think I'm going to continue with my strat of looking for loose figs that people want to part with. I can't afford the retail price, especially after shipping. Mind you, the upcoming Spidey/Sandman wave will be tempting to just order the whole set. Half of the figs are great and the BAF looks great.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:37 pm
Anyone see a MOC Ghost Rider or Hobgoblin pegging warming anywhere?

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:14 am
I saw a Hobgoblin the other day. I'll keep an eye out.
PreviousNext

Return to Toys!