Transformers Generations

Mixing things up a bit. Let's have one forum for toy discussion. We can have multiple threads, or just one thread, doesn't matter, but let's try having it all in one place for a while and see if that doesn't help discussion. '

And just a reminder... we don't really mod... anything... so thread drift is not a problem. However I left the General forums because some topics require more time/seriousness/devotion... I.E. more than "drift"

All the other toy forums are under archives, so we can bring them back if everyone hates this.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:40 pm
Not hugely surprising, but cool. Takara has a Godbomber coming out to go with their release of Titans Return Optimus (Ginrai).

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/12/02/lg-4 ... res-329457

Apparently, there's a Hasbro version that's different, but I'm not quite clear on what's up there.

The Takara one looks pretty cool, though.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:02 pm
That makes me a lot more interested in TRPM Optimus, I must say!

But I doubt I'll actually buy them. I'm trying to shut down the big expenditures.

I am tempted, though!
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 am
Target had the combiner war Devastator... and a good coupon, and I passed on it. I regret this decision. :(

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:18 am
It is an intriguing figure. If I were going to sink the money into it, I might spring for the Japanese version, though. They added some articulation and other tweaks.

In other news, I got some early Christmas money and ordered the second wave of Titans Return Deluxes. They're pretty schweet so far. Titans Return seems to have some very nice retail-level guys. And at the 10 dollar price Wal-Mart is charging, they're a total steal.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:30 pm
I think in the end, I'll shop for a used one, or look into the japanese one like you recommend.... or I'll put it off long enough that the allure dissipates. ;)

I do still love my TF Universe/Generations stuff tho.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:26 pm
The only reason I didn't go for Devastator is that I had already dropped the money for a third party version, and I was (and am) happy with it. If I'd held out just a bit longer, I'd have the official version.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:30 am
Heli wrote:The only reason I didn't go for Devastator is that I had already dropped the money for a third party version, and I was (and am) happy with it. If I'd held out just a bit longer, I'd have the official version.

that warms my heart. I will redouble my efforts. ;)

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:59 am
This is a thing of beauty. Titans Return Trypticon!

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/13/tita ... age-333308

That is about as Geewun as it gets. he's even got the purple things on his feet that used to aid his walking gimmick.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 am
Apparently, Toy Fair happened. I never remember stuff like this anymore. Anyway, Transformers stuff!

Titans Return Krok, Quake and Topspin: http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/18/toy- ... ges-333643

Trypticon live! http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/18/toy- ... ges-333632

The big Titans Return display, including a ton of stuff I hadn't heard about, like Overlord, Pounce, Fastlane, Nautica, and Metalhawk.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/18/toy- ... ges-333631

I hope Wingspan and Cloudraker will get figures in the near future to go with their twins. Sadly, some of the cool new figures are in big ol' 5-figure boxed sets, which will probably hit in the $100-120 vicinity. Also sadly, Nautica has a really bad case of "obvious repaint" syndrome. She is really obviously Blurr with tiny wings. Tidal Wave gets a much better treatment, coming from Broadside.

Making me feel like a complete sucker, Hasbro has also brought over the superior Takara tooling for Power Master Optimus Prime in one of those boxed sets. I got the standard US version for Christmas last year. *sad trombone*

There's a new TR Windblade that doesn't seem to improve on the old one at all, but maybe stands better, and a TR Kup that clearly doesn't improve on the old one. Plus, the obvious Twin Twist gets a nice showing.

Blitzwing and Octane are looking great. I like the new Seaspray, too. And you'll never believe it, but they're repainting the new Bumblebee into Cliffjumper! I KNOW! Crazy, right?

Titan Master Ramhorn looks way better than he would have as a tablet that plugs into Blaster. And Rodimus Prime and Thunderwing are now disembodied heads.

Overall, a pretty neat showing. I'm interested to learn more about the boxed sets. I could definitely see picking those up if I have the money.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:13 pm
I gotta think the fact that they're doing Twin Twist (after having seen a review for Topspin already) means they're doing Wingspan and Cloudraker too. But it just seems wrong that apparently the clones are going to be sold separately.

And that Bumblebee redeco is, surpisingly, NOT Cliffjumper! It's Chase, the Throttlebot (CJ was my first thought too, but then I noted the blue helmet with the gold face). I'm actually pretty stoked they're making him and especially that sweet-looking Seaspray!

And may I say I am blown away by how much Octane looks nothing like Laser Optimus? Hasbro/Takara is getting really good at getting mileage out of their tooling!

Also, I noticed what appears to be a Titanmaster Steeljaw in some of the Trypticon pics. I guess he can pal around with Ramhorn as they laugh at how ridiculous Stripes looks.
PreviousNext

Return to Toys!