Captain America: Civil War Marvel Legends Wave 03

Mixing things up a bit. Let's have one forum for toy discussion. We can have multiple threads, or just one thread, doesn't matter, but let's try having it all in one place for a while and see if that doesn't help discussion. '

And just a reminder... we don't really mod... anything... so thread drift is not a problem. However I left the General forums because some topics require more time/seriousness/devotion... I.E. more than "drift"

All the other toy forums are under archives, so we can bring them back if everyone hates this.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:01 pm
Secret War Captain America
Iron Skull
Energized Emissaries Version 1
Marvels Eel
Energized Emissaries Version 2
Scarlet Witch (movie)

For those wondering about the “Energized Emissaries”, those are rumors to be new Marvel Legends Crossbones and Captain Britain figures. What those have to do with “Energized Emissaries”, I truly have no idea, so we’ll have to wait for more details and confirmation on these characters.

http://marveltoynews.com/marvel-legends ... e-3-order/

It’s rumored that the actual Captain America Marvel Legends Wave 3 Build-A-Figure is actually a new Marvel Legends Abomination BAF, but Hasbro hasn’t confirmed that thus far (although they did sneak peek an Abomination Build-A-Figure at SDCC 2015).

I guess a classic Captain Britain and Eel would be okay. BAF Abomination might be okay, but my Toybiz one still rocks. The rest seem like a pass for me.

Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:01 am
I'd love an updated abomination. That rhino body is great.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:39 am
it kills me that these figures are so amazing and I just cant afford the hobby any longer.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:46 pm
I'm cannibalizing my collection, ideally selling off or trading older ones for the new.

It's a slow process and impossible to break even in the end with stupid shipping prices. But it sure beats buying the new while keeping the old in a box.

Being a cherry-picker helps too. There was a time when figures were so inexpensive that buying a dozen entire waves was a thoughtless process. I even got some figures of characters I actually never even read about before and didn't think twice. Now I concentrate on must-haves and grudgingly forget the rest. Any completist of all the Hasbro 6" product has well above the avg income.

I might get 1 or 2 figs of this wave.

Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:17 pm
I'm right there with you Dorm.

I was just thinking of selling off my Marvel Universe collection...
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:33 pm
I don't follow MU, although apparently they are getting stupid expensive. Jason, if you were to sell all your MU at around current retail prices, you should be up a pretty penny.

The one cool thing about MU is that they seem to have some cool character choices, with a fair amount of good classic looks being made. Nevertheless that's not enough for me to buy any.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:39 am
I just never liked MU. Something about the articulation just didn't feel right to me. Maybe it was just the plastic they used.

Return to Toys!