NECA TMNT: The Arcade Game SDCC Exclusive

Mixing things up a bit. Let's have one forum for toy discussion. We can have multiple threads, or just one thread, doesn't matter, but let's try having it all in one place for a while and see if that doesn't help discussion. '

And just a reminder... we don't really mod... anything... so thread drift is not a problem. However I left the General forums because some topics require more time/seriousness/devotion... I.E. more than "drift"

All the other toy forums are under archives, so we can bring them back if everyone hates this.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:15 pm
this thing is awesome!! I wish I had a means to acquire it.

http://necaonline.com/56438/blog/san-di ... ets-video/
Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:24 am
That's pretty cool, indeed. I hope we'll see non-video game releases of those.

I would come out of toy buying retirement for Shredder and a couple of Foot Soldiers. I also really like that "spinning nunchuck" accessory for Mikey.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 am
I'm pretty sure NECA already did normal versions of the 80s cartoon Turtles (Mikey even had the spinning 'chuck accessory, IIRC). Not sure about the Foot Soldiers and Shredder, though.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:31 am
The only "cartoon" NECA stuff I see on ebay is the original comic figures with cartoon colored bandannas.

I'm pretty sure Shredder and the Foot never got released, which is why I say I'd be willing to spring for 'em. But I don't have any interest in the video game colors.

Incidentally, the SDCC sets are already on ebay at full scalper price. The cheapest Turtle set I saw was $200. Then again, I have no idea what NECA is charging for 'em in the first place. I'd guess $80-$100 for each 4 pack.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:45 pm
I may be thinking of the Figuarts ones.

And actually, I think it was the Revoltech Nick Turtles that did the spinning nunchucks previously.

My bad.

Return to Toys!