Salem's Customs: Tiger Warrior & Cable pg 6

Assembly required
Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm
I'm pretty sure there's such a thing as luminescent paint, but I may be making that up.

Maybe blacklight/glow in the dark paint?
Bendy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:01 pm
Thanks guys.

Darth, funny you should mention a glowing effect underneath it. I have various sheet pieces of plexiglass that I had considered using on top of the base, affixing the rock to that, and doing a skim coat of the lava so lights could shrine from beneath.

I can get a similar effect with the lights I have, but it might be something to try with a smaller piece down the line.
Bendy
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm
Newest completed custom:

7th Kingdom Tiger Warrior- Protector of the Forrest

I know the theme has been done before by plenty of folks who do these kinds of customs, but I wanted my own version.

This was the idea:

This was the original base figure.

I started to amass the other stuff I was going to need, including paint, when zombie13 offered to help me out a little bit.

I sent him some fodder parts that he might have been able to make use of, along with the body, and he sent me back a cast tiger head, new paw hands already attached, a cast tail with peg attachment, and amazing sculpted feet.

Once I got around to painting him, I realized the initial paint I chose was a little too out there (this was in February).

It just so happens that the Games Workshop paint brand was getting the overhaul, so I did some research and found some other paints that I thought would fit the bill better.

This is the final result.

I'm actually really proud of how he turned out, and feel I didn't ruin the great pieces zombie contributed to the project.
The paints I used for the body are: Citadel paints
Jokaero Orange
Reikland Fleshshade
Troll Slayer Orange
Fire Dragon Bright
Kindleflame
Chaos Black
Primer White
Chrome
along with a brown from the old system
and a light green for the eyes

The stock Bronze Tiger head is a near match to my painting, so I was very happy with that, as it gives me an option for display, but he'll likely keep the cast head.

After taking these pics, I noticed he also has sort of a "Tellos" to him as well.

Thanks for looking.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:21 pm
Pretty cool.

I think the cast head looks better, just because the Bronze Tiger one looks a little small to me.

With the goggles and cape, he reminds me of Hobbes for some reason.
Bendy
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:53 pm
I agree, after having it all done, the BT head does look smaller.

hehehe.... Funny you mention Hobbes.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:14 pm
Ha! Nice!
Bendy
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 pm
Thank you. *bows*

Another finished custom.
This one has been on the workbench since Lesternessman on Fwoosh started doing his Marvel Universe Classics customs. I was inspired to use some of the DC fodder I have, that isn't selling, to make some of my own.

The first one completed is my own version of MUC Cable
Just a DCUC Magog body with a ML 3 Cable cast from DMC Direct (before he pulled the disappearing act).

Did a little dry brushing and panel lines for the belts and holster then did a bit on his shirt and pants (which is very faint).

I used the new Citadel flesh paints on his face and arm, and I've got to say that I love the shading paint, especially on a base that has this many grooves and valleys, it really pops.

I've got another one I just need to clear coat, and then photograph, but have a 3rd one that will take some frankensteining I haven't tried before.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:23 pm
Looks really nice. Not surprisingly, Magog is a great Cable base.
Has Great Trade Rep
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 am
wanted to chime in and commend you (and Z13) both on the tiger!
Bendy
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:39 pm
Thanks TSR. If the entire group of us MD/VA folks get together, I'll have to bring him along.
PreviousNext

Return to Customs!