Salem's Customs: Tiger Warrior & Cable pg 6

Assembly required
Bendy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:10 pm
We'll start with my newest ones.

Mostly just head swaps with a little paint, but it helps the ranks grow.

Sinestro Corps member Logar

Obviously a Wolverine head from the original tiger stripe figure from TBML, with his face painted. I'm not sure if it shows, but he does have some light shading in there.

Sinestro Corps member Taskus

TBML Taskmaster's head, belt and sword with some random gladiator helmet I had in the fodder box. repainted the head with some shading and highlights, then some yellow in the eyes. The helmet was also given a coat of Games Workshop Shining Gold.

Sinestro Corps Predator

A popular custom done by just about everybody with any kind of skill, and the ability to boil & pop. This was once a McFarlane Predator that fell to pieces, so he became fodder. I popped the SC Bats hands off, then sanded down the forearms to pegs, and hollowed out the forearms of the Predator fig to slide on. Some zip kicker with superglue secured them, and then a coat of Games Workshop Shining Gold to get rid of the original silver. The arms look a little long, but I can live with that.

The last 2 of the new crew.

Sinestro Corps member Jemm

Simple hand/headswap with jemm and the SC Bats.

Sinestro Corps member Valodos

Validus head, entire lower body, and arms, Arkillo torso. The neck and head were given a coat of Games Workshop Chaos Black, and the clear dome was given a watered down coat of Tamiya Chrome Yellow. Tubes were cut from the arms, and bands/sockets were given a coat of that popular Games Workshop Shining Gold.

All 5 custom members

and the entire Corps thus far.
Last edited by SalemCrow on Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:48 pm
They look great, but the new guys need rings!
Bendy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:01 pm
Jemm's is in his forehead, and my theory on Valodos is that he's got one in his body. I'll give ya the Predator though. :lol:
Has Great Trade Rep
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:02 pm
My two comments/critiques:

1) Jemm just seems a little too passive for a SC member.
2) Validus - would it be possible to take apart some Arkillo legs at the knees and combine them with the Validus shins/feet for a more team unified look?
Strike that, I just went and looked at the legs on Arkillo. Hm. Maybe paint the thighs black and paint the feet yellow but leave his toes untouched?
If you aren't crazy about that suggestion, I'd still suggest painting the rest of the yellow point onto his belt region. And look into giving him one of those silver belts like the rest of the team wears.
Bendy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:42 pm
Thanks TSR.

1) I may scar him up a bit so he doesn't look too passive. Who knows, maybe he's not as outwardly psycho as some of the others.
2) With the uniform on him, I wanted it a little different (why can only the GLs have unique looks? ;) ). I don't have the rest of Arkillo (actually sold the other torso, arm and leg I got. Will look for the wave at retail, or keep an eye on an affordable complete one on ebay, like I did with Ultrahumanite), which is why I just used the torso. If I can match the yellow to the factory color, I can definitely do the point, and I have various pieces of strip styrene that I can use to make a version of the belt, possibly even a rib around his boots that I can paint yellow.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 pm
I would also suggest making up some clear yellow claws for "Logar." Maybe just cut up some card bubble plastic and hit it with a little yellow paint or dye. He just doesn't seem right without 'em.
Bendy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:56 pm
That was in the planning stages Heli. I was telling Junkpile I was trying to figure out a way of doing that when we met up yesterday, and he saw these in person.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:39 pm
I should'a known you had that in mind.

I wonder if there's some cheap source of clear "lightning bolt" kinda decorations you could use.

Here's a thought: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?col ... temID=9521 Probably too thick, though.
Has Great Trade Rep
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:27 am
I've seen people recommend clear but colored Solo party cups.
You can usually find them in a variety of colors at Target and I know I've seen transparent yellow there before.
Bendy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 pm
Two new customs from me (still working on the 7K customs).

First: Rotting Flesh Skeletor
I wanted something a little meaner and scarier than normal old bone face.

I used some Apoxie Sculpt for sections of the skin I wanted to have peeling, or falling off. Then dry brushed "rotting flesh" and "cammo green" all over the figure. I painted the skull with "bleached skull" and gave it a light dry brush of tan. All the black was done with "chaos black", and then some hits with "shining gold" for the studs.

Next; I'm calling him Salemos Crow (we all know Matty and their love of throwing "-Os" into names). [:D]

I heated and pried the hair off a DCUC/MOTUC 2 pack He-Man, and sculpted some new hair from Apoxie Sculpt (first time using it, I like it). Dry brushed black on the furry pants, and dry brushed a darker brown all over the boots. Then gave the bands and belt some hits with some "shining gold" paint. Yes, that is an original 1980s Prince Adam vest he's wearing.

Next

Return to Customs!