STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:41 pm
I'm still waiting for the big "Jar Jar is Snoke" reveal.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:21 pm
I would actually find that expert level trolling and would slow clap Disney for doing it. ;)

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:32 am
I know I make a lot of jokes about it, but I really do think somebody should revitalize Jar Jar. I've always felt like there should have been more to his story, but the outraged fanboys convinced Lucas to drop it.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:48 pm
Heli wrote:I know I make a lot of jokes about it, but I really do think somebody should revitalize Jar Jar. I've always felt like there should have been more to his story, but the outraged fanboys convinced Lucas to drop it.

Jar Jar's greatest flaw, was that he didn't have an arc. He started a buffoon, and ended a buffoon. If he had some kind of arc, where he matured in some way, I think the character would have been redeemed. Sadly, even when he votes for no confidence, Lucas failed to convey clearly that Palpatine was using the force to manipulate him to vote that way, so even that scene... he comes off as simply a buffoon.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 am
I agree. And who knows what (if anything) Lucas was originally planning. I really felt like AotC and RotS were very reactionary movies, with Lucas trying to win back the love of the internet fanboys who were upset that TPM wasn't "adult" enough. I think any arc Jar Jar might have had was thrown out the window by his reaction to their reaction.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 pm
I'm at Star Wars Celebration this week, and of course, we got a panel and a trailer for the film this morning! I wasn't in the panel, but here's that rather ominous trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:08 pm
that trailer left me less enthused about the next movie.

tho, I guess it does follow the Skywalker cycle of rise and fall. If Luke has either fallen to the dark side, or become disenfranchised with religion all together, then... meh.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:09 pm
Heli wrote:I agree. And who knows what (if anything) Lucas was originally planning. I really felt like AotC and RotS were very reactionary movies, with Lucas trying to win back the love of the internet fanboys who were upset that TPM wasn't "adult" enough. I think any arc Jar Jar might have had was thrown out the window by his reaction to their reaction.

it's truly amazing, how much I've come to love The Phantom Menace (in it's The Phantom Edit form).
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:59 pm
I thought the trailer was great! It grew on me more and more with each viewing.

Of course, I'm sure we can all agree the poster is awesome (and I'm sad I couldn't make the panel to get one of my own):

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:44 am
Looks like she just pulled the rare laser-cut holofoil Blue Eyes White Dragon.
PreviousNext

Return to Multimedia