G.I. Joe 3

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:45 pm
Yes, it could apparently still happen. Really early days, though.

Interestingly, one idea the potential director pitched was a Transformers crossover:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/01/19/g-jo ... ers-331239

But the suits weren't down with that. Don't they know about cinematic universes?
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:31 pm
G.I. Joe was supposed to be part of Hasbro's shared movie universe last I heard, along with M.A.S.K., Rom, and Micronauts (all the properties that are now part of the same universe with Transformers over at IDW).

Snarky!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:10 am
I don't really get why Transformers isn't the core of their shared movie universe, since it's already successful, but, hey, whatever. I'm not a Hollywood guy, so I must not be as clever as them, right?
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 am
I would guess it's combination of the freedom Bay has over the films (which I don't think has really lessened since they added the TF writers' room; I'm pretty sure he still has final say--besides Hasbro, who has ultimate control, of course) and the fact that they don't want to tie their most successful franchise's fortunes tied to riskier endeavors. Plus, they're making TF into its own cinematic universe.

But yeah, I agree that, if they're going to tie the Hasbro action properties together like that, TF should be the centerpiece of it (kind of like, again, how they did it at IDW).

Return to Multimedia