Super 4

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:30 pm
For us guys with kids, I recommend Super 4. It's a fun adventure show on Netflix, based on Playmobil.

I had watched an episode or two with the kids a while back, but they really jumped in lately and have loved it. It's kind of akin to the Lego Movie in a lot of ways. The world is divided into areas inspired by various Playmobil themes, and this group of adventurers travels from place to place dealing with bad guys and saving the day. My only gripe is that the episodes don't seem to be in the correct order on Netflix. The ones with the character backstories and the team first meeting are at the end of the season, and there are times when they'll start an episode in an area and reference an adventure in another episode that is not concurrent. But it's not that big of a deal, since the stories are pretty much self-contained. And it's a kids' show, so it's pretty easy to pick up on the backstories and relationships even if you haven't seen all the episodes.

That was long-winded, but it's a fun show. Another buddy of mine described it as "Childhood: The Show", because it's just like grabbing a few of your favorite figures from whatever different lines and making them a team to fight evil. And he's right.

Anyway, check it out if you've got Netflix. It's fun.

Return to Multimedia