Logan

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 am
Man, this is a fantastic trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbug3zTm3Ws

I don't know if the movie will live up, but you can't go wrong with Grizzled Logan and Johnny Cash.

Also, I assume that's X-23 making her cinematic debut, which would be pretty cool. I wonder if they're trying to fit this into the X-Men cinematic timeline or just ignoring it and doing what they want. Seems like a flash forward kinda thing.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:43 am
Yeah, the filmmakers have confirmed that it is X-23.

Wow! I hadn't thought too much about this one, but that trailer was incredible! Obviously, it's based somewhat on Mark Millar's "Old Man Logan" but with some significant changes. The cyborg is the classic mutant-hating X-villain Donald Pierce, and since it looks (much like the OML storyline from the comics) Logan does not have his healing factor anymore, Pierce is going to be a very difficult challenge!

And you alluded to it, but how clever is it that they used Johnny Cash's last hit song for a trailer for Hugh Jackman's last outing as Wolverine?! Very cool and emotional. Man, this one just hit my radar pretty hard!

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:44 am
Yeah; I had no interest in Apocalypse, but this one I'll check out.

Definitely looks promising. Focusing solidly on character and not spectacle is definitely the way to go with Fox's X-Men stuff. Well, probably for anything, at least for me.
AJ Research Dept
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:24 pm
No kidding. That was an impressive trailer.

Jackman and Stewart were the only interesting actors from the X-cinematic stuff in my opinion. It's nice to see them reunited and starring in, apparently, a promising film.

Return to Multimedia