Luke Cage

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:32 am
Anyone watching? wow. so good, I'm 8 episodes in.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:44 pm
Watched it all over the weekend.

It was predictably awesome. And it seemed a lot more "poignant" than the other MCU Netflix series.

But the lack of crossovers between the different branches of the MCU is starting to seem forced. I had to wonder how this show could fit into the same universe as the movies and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. without ever involving S.H.I.E.L.D. or invoking the "Sokovia Accords."

Now, they made it clear once again that this does exist in the same MCU, but it seems like some of the events of this series (avoiding spoilers here) would necessitate some more official response from the powers-that-be, which was (also predictably) nowhere to be seen.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:43 am
Surely they could afford to have some mook from Agents of SHIELD pop up somewhere, even if they can't manage one of the big guns.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:36 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure what the logistics look like for such a crossover, but I did specifically notice that ABC Studios was one of the production companies on Luke Cage, so you'd think it wouldn't be too difficult.

My guess is they'd have to involve (and thus pay extra to) Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tanchoeren to work in AoS characters, but I don't know exactly how that works.
Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:11 pm
I, of course, haven't actually watched any of this show, so anything I say is pure speculation.

But it seems to me that if they really wanted to tie things in, they could just make up their own SHIELD guy and have him assigned to Hell's Kitchen or New York or whatever.

Then again, I'm also way out of the loop on Agents of SHIELD, so for all I know, they're vigilante terrorists at this point.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:26 am
Luke Cage takes place overlapping Daredevil Season 2, and prior to Captain America: Civil War, SHIELD is still hyper covert and underground around this time.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:57 pm
I was wondering about that. Some of it is clearly after DD s2 though (because Claire's in both).

But if it is before Civil War, the Sokovia Accords would obviously not be an issue, so that makes sense.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:07 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gpED0Z57RU

too funny!
Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 pm
I thought it was good, but I think they messed with cotton mouth and diamondback. Diamondback was a total snooze, his motivation was STUPID... And can't someone just be a badguy... Totally unrelated to the hero?
Cottonmouth on the other hand... What a great character.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:43 am
Cottonmouth, Shades, and Mariah were all far more compelling villains than Diamondback, for sure!

Return to Multimedia