MST3K Returns!

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:27 pm
Because of the media that I absorb, I barely know who Chris Hardwick is. I know he's out there, but I've barely seen him at all, much less enough to be sick of him.

As for Patton Oswalt, I dunno. Maybe if he ever played a different character, I'd like him better.

Incidentally, the reason Felicia Day never plays villains, at least from her MST clip, is because she's not good at it. She seemed remarkably nonthreatening.
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:21 pm
Yeah, I have to agree I was not impressed with her clip. I choose to think it was because she was ad-libbing, and Felicia is famously awkward, so I don't expect her to be very good at that.

She has played a villain at least once that I know of. I think her character on Supernatural got possessed or something, and she was pretty evil from the tiny snippet I saw.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:50 pm
Darth Board wrote:I do hear from people who don't really care for Felicia but not too many who don't like Patton Oswalt.

And you totally forgot Chris Hardwick. ;)

I've grown quite tired of Oswalt, but mostly because of his social media account, not because of his acting. He does play the exact same character in every single role tho, much to Heli's point.
Chief Commander of the Skrull Horde
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:52 pm
Heli wrote:UGH. See my earlier post for my reaction to the casting.

The over-exposed celebrity nerds have thrown cold water on my interest in this project.

I have to laugh, I didn't check in on this thread since maybe the Heli wanting a tier'ed Christmas present post, and then I saw Patton Oswalt was joining the cast and I immediately thought "Heli is so not going to care about this anymore". I come back and sure enough...

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:48 am
You know me well.

Honestly, though, considering how (relatively) brief the host segments are, you'd think it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I know my interest in the original show dropped off sharply after Dr. Forrester left. Pearl was hugely lame, and suffering through lame storylines with Bobo and Brain Guy... ugh. Of course, I never got fully on board with the Mike train, so that didn't help, either.

Honestly, I think I'm a big fan of Joel and Trace, and that's about it. Maybe I can still pick up some Cinematic Titanic episodes...

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:24 am
An interesting development! The rebooted series is apparently going to be on Netflix.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/24/myste ... /?ncid=rss

Given that I already subscribe, I'll probably wind up giving it a shot. Maybe I'll just skip past the host segments.

Darth and I recently attended a showing of the MST3K reunion special, and it was really good stuff. I laughed a lot. And Jonah seemed to do a good job hanging with the classic cast, so that's encouraging.

Notably absent from that special: Felecia Day and Patton Oswalt. They may still be the element that kills it for me.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 pm
The release date has been announced, and it's coming up quick! April 14, the Satellite of Love launches to the stars once more!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/22/ ... l-revealed

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:49 am
I'm sure my curiosity (and the fact that I've already got Netflix) will overcome my annoyance with the cast and I'll have to give it a look. I certainly enjoyed Jonah's bit in the MST3K reunion, so I think he'll do fine as the human, and we'll be spending most of our time with him and the bots.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:18 pm
Trailer's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ct0Z2bQndM

As expected, Felicia Day is titanically un-evil looking. I'm excited about the riffing part of the show, though.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:17 am
Oswalt seems very much like a more intelligent TV's Frank, so that seems okay, but he and Felicia really seem to be phoning it in in the clips from the trailer. They both seem like they need a bit more direction or something, like they're not confident enough in their roles. I hope that improves.

And is that Pearl? So is she Felicia's grandmother then?
PreviousNext

Return to Multimedia