MST3K Returns!

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:39 pm
Joel Hodgson has taken to Kickstarter to fund a new version of Mystery Science Theater 3000. The show would feature twelve new feature-length episodes with a new host and new mad scientists joining Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo on the Satelite of Love to watch bad movies with a whole new generation! Old cast members would write for the show and cameo as their characters, but Hodgson believes that, since the show was rebooted successfully once in its original run, another reboot might be just the thing to bring it back anew!

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... -rebooted/

The Kickstarter just started, and it's already got over $150,000 of its $2,000,000 initial goal, with a $5.5 million full goal and a month remaining to reach it. Interested? Click here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ms ... gbackmst3k

The Kickstarter includes messages from Joel, Tom, and Crow about the new show and...stuff. There's also a hashtag for the promotion: #BringbackMST3K

What do you think, sirs?
Last edited by Darth Board on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:31 pm
I've said it before, but Christmas is coming up. If you guys need ideas for me, that $10,000 tier stuff sounds pretty sweet.

Daydreaming aside, I am definitely curious. Though I didn't like any of the non-Joel voices in that video, particularly. I hope they can get Kevin and Trace back for the 'bots. The new host could made a difference, too. I never did take a shine to that Mike feller.

If I can spare the cash before the deadline, though, I could definitely see going for the $100 level (though my love of physical media makes the $200 level quite appealing).
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:10 pm
Well, the Kickstarter has been successful (up to the first goal anyway) with 18 days remaining, we're definitely getting some new MST3K and likely to get the full 12 episodes before it's all said and done, but we now know the cast! Most of them are fairly unknown, but the new big Mad is none other than Felicia Day! Felicia is playing Kinga (daughter of Dr. Clayton) Forester (because the main Mad always has to be a Forester, apparently). The new host is Jonah Ray, and the new Tom and Crow are a couple of other young comics. More in updates to the Kickstarter page here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ms ... gbackmst3k

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:52 am
FELICIA DAY? UGH. Must that woman be in EVERYTHING?

What's the matter? Were Wil Wheaton and Seth Green too busy? Patton Oswalt didn't give you his number? Seriously, I'd think Joel could have looked a little farther outside the box. I get really tired of hearing/seeing the same people in every nerd thing.

I wish they'd gone all unknown. Honestly, I sorta wish they'd built two new puppets for the new guys, to let them create their own characters, but Crow and Servo are such iconic parts of MST3K, you can't really cut them out.

But, man, I am super disappointed about Felicia Day.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:01 pm
I had the total opposite reaction.

I'm quite fond of Felicia in general and am happy to see her in anything new. Plus, she doesn't often play a villain, which should be fun.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:07 pm
Patton Oswalt is joining the series as TV's Son of TV's Frank.

Not surprisingly, the character is the son of Frank Coniff's character TV's Frank.

And he's on TV.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ms ... ts/1430238

With 10 days to go, they've hit their first two goals (6 episodes). If they keep pace, they will easily hit their third goal (9 episodes) but fall just a little short of the full 12 episodes they're going for.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:24 am
UGH. See my earlier post for my reaction to the casting.

The over-exposed celebrity nerds have thrown cold water on my interest in this project.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:06 am
Ever the iconoclast...

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:25 am
Really? I'm the only one who's sick of Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day? Everybody else wants to see more of them?

Maybe you guys will luck out and get Wil Wheaton and Seth Green in cameos, too.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:44 am
I do hear from people who don't really care for Felicia but not too many who don't like Patton Oswalt.

And you totally forgot Chris Hardwick. ;)
Next

Return to Multimedia