So the Transformers Cinematic Universe is a thing...

Movies, Comics, TV, Games...it's all in here!
Woah! Double lightsaber! Double lightsaber all the way!
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:46 am
I feel like there's some significance to Op having purple eyes, but... I dunno. It's hard to say what has meaning and what doesn't in these films.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:49 am
Yeah; I was wondering if that was something, like he's neither Autobot nor Decepticon now, but it could just be that somebody thought they looked cooler.

Then again, he seemed to be really embracing the "murderous monster" thing in 4, so maybe.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:48 am
Megatron's back, and he's also got kind of purple eyes. And also a really weird face.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/05/31/firs ... ron-316313
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:04 am
So they revealed Hot Rod last week as black Lamboghini who looks nothing like Hot Rod in robot mode, and now, we've got more info on the Autobot cast (including returning characters Crosshairs and Drift and the "adorable" new Squeeks who appears to be a scooter made out of garbage).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/08/ ... eup-images

Also Anthony Hopkins! And Tyrese is back as Epps, so... yay?

Snarky!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:12 am
Hot Rod looks exactly as much like Hot Rod as any other character looks like itself (except Optimus Prime) in the movie universe.

I love how subtle they are with the giant Mercedes logo front and center on Drift's chest.

Squeeks has been getting a lot of press. Looks like a Gobot that went through a garbage disposal to me. He's apparently best friends with the new jailbait... uh, female lead.

Snarky!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:55 am
Neat looking car with dumb name to be featured in the new movie:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/20/leec ... ght-326594

No word yet on whether it will be a Transformer or just product placement, though.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:45 am
An actual self-driving car as a Transformer would be pretty stinkin' meta.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:59 am
Darth Board wrote:I feel like there's some significance to Op having purple eyes, but... I dunno. It's hard to say what has meaning and what doesn't in these films.

*SIGH* In fact, it does have meaning, but it's a pretty stupid, obvious meaning. Oh, and apparently Transformers is about humans versus robots, now, or at least Sir Anthony Hopkins seems to think so (I think he's a villain in this one, though).

So you know how TF trailers usually look good but you know they're going to be bad? What does it mean when one looks kinda bad? Well check what dropped yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOvcyfRPRk

Nice to see Optimus realize his full movie potential. I guess we really should have seen this coming...

But hey, look! Possible Unicron!

Snarky!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:29 pm
Looks like it's going to be big and dumb and not make much sense.

So I'm not sure what you mean by this looking any worse. I mean, sure, we had some hope for the first one, but since then?

I like that Bumblebee seems to have a more humanoid head now. Because, really, the only impact these movies have anymore in my world is how the toys look. A Bumblebee that looks less like a horrible monster would be nice.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:22 pm
Bumblebee didn't look any different that I could tell. There was another unknown Autobot at the beginning of the trailer who looked a little like him, but he was more orange, and clearly transformed into a larger, bulkier vehicle. Were you maybe thinking of him? I don't think we really see BB's face until Prime is about to stab him at the end. I screengrabbed that point (Photobucket isn't working or I would include the image), and he looked pretty much the same.

And I don't mean the film looks worse than the other films. I mean the trailer looks worse than the other trailers. Every TF film, a trailer comes out, I roll my eyes and watch it, but usually once it's over, I think, "Wow, that actually looks kind of interesting!" and a tiny kernel of hope grows in my heart that I know the film will ultimately destroy when it comes out. But this one doesn't even look interesting at all. It just annoys me. So what I'm saying is how bad must the film be when the trailer doesn't even seem interesting?

Or is it possible a bad trailer could signal a movie that actually isn't as bad?

Yeah, that's probably not a possibility, but then again, I didn't think a Trump win was possible as soon as a week or two before the election either...
PreviousNext

Return to Multimedia